Providing cupping therapy in North London, (Wood Green), in a clean and friendly environment, with qualified male and female practitioners certified by CMA (Complimentary Medical Association) & CThA (Clinical and Therapeutic Hypnosis Association).
Treatments provided include:
- Dry Cupping
- Flash Cupping
- Cupping Massage
- Wet Cupping (Hijama)
- Ar Ruqyah (الرقي recitation of Qur'an, seeking of refuge, remembrance and supplications that are used as a means of treating sicknesses, poisoned or Jinn possession, etc.)
- Moxibustion ( Is a form of fire heat treatment that stimulates specific acupuncture points of the body)
Procedure of Hijama:
The treatment begins with me selecting the area which requires hijama, I then place a suction cup to the area and create a vacuum to pull the skin and leave the suction cups on for a few minutes not too long to draw the bad blood and toxins to the surface of the skin. Then I take the cups off and apply some black seed oil to the skin, then I make tiny scratch marks with a sterile razor to the skin and apply the suction cups back on again this will release the bad blood and toxins.
The black seed oil softens the skin and also works as anti septic. I leave the suction cups on for a few minutes whilst the bad blood is seeping and filling up the suction cup and then take the suction cups off and repeat if necessary, I then clean the area again with anti septic and apply pure olive oil with a cotton pad on the area to clean out any excess blood. This then completes the treatment.
After treatment I give my patients some pure honey mixed in a glass of water. The honey helps to nourish the blood also after the treatment some people may feel queasy especially if they are sensitive to blood and the honey perks them up. The water helps to flush out the toxins.
I use disposable cups so once I use the suction cups on the patient they are thrown away. I also use disposable razors, which are used once on the patient and thrown away, into my Sharp safe bin.
I also use surgical gloves and aprons these again are thrown away once used. Everything I use is once and then disposed of in Bio-Hazardous bins. Its important well I feel its important to make people aware of how one practices in order to make people feel safe and also make them aware of how other people should practice
Preparation before and after treatment:
- Actions are but by intention, so intend to have Hijama to follow the Islamic Sunnah and Sharia.
- The best advice is to fast; however, some people are unwell or feel very weak when fasting. It is better not to eat for at least 2-3 hours before treatment so that the body is not occupied with digesting food. It is best to eat healthy food 24 hours before and after treatment.
- Prepare for your treatment by doing extra housework, cooking, and work so you can rest later.
- If you are going to have it done on your head or other hairy body parts e.g. legs/chest area, it is advisable to shave these areas prior to having the procedure. This prevents the possibility of the cups not holding onto the relevant area.
- Thank Allah for this mercy.
- Make sure you can rest if you need to. Some people feel very tired and need to take it easy. Others feel energised; but do not exert yourself even if you feel like this. Do not underestimate the treatment and remember to respect the fact that your body needs rest in order to replenish and repair.
- Keep warm; do not allow the areas that have been treated to be exposed to the wind, water or cold. This also means no showers or baths for the next 24 hours.
- Try not to eat meat and dairy products for the next 24 hours. This is because these items take up 40% of your body’s energy to digest, and this energy is needed to rejuvenate your body after having the treatment.
- Drink plenty of water and fresh juice.
Mobile & Out of Hours Service:
This can be arranged at a charge taking into consideration the travel time and travel cost. Appointments out of our working hours if you require, kindly get in touch by phone or email to arrange.
For individual or group treatment please get in touch by contacting us we would also advise the patient to give the cupping therapist plenty of notice when cancelling a booking especially bookings made on the Sunnah days 17th ,19th, 21st of the hijr calender.
The information provided on this website should not be construed as personal medical advice or instruction. No action should be taken based solely on the contents of this site. Readers should consult appropriate health professionals on any matter relating to their health and well being. The information and opinions provided here are believed to be accurate and sound, based on the best judgment available to the authors, but readers who fail to consult appropriate health authorities assume the risk of any injuries. This website is not responsible for errors or omissions.